Short-Term Programs and Gap Year Programs for High School Graduates
As a high school graduate, you are eligible for many AIFS study abroad programs, beginning with the summer of your senior year in high school and all throughout the next academic year!
Why take a gap year abroad with AIFS?
- You'll become a more competitive applicant when you return and apply to colleges in the U.S.
- You'll earn college credits while abroad that you can transfer to a college in the U.S.
- You'll become independent and confident in yourself as you navigate new parts of the world, with the support and guidance you need
- You'll immerse yourself in a different culture and gain a new perspective on the world
- You can gain fluency in a foreign language by taking intensive language classes in another country
- You'll gain insight into your academic interests and return to the U.S. with a stronger focus on your college goals
A gap year might be for you if:
- You have been accepted at a college for the spring semester, and you'd like an academic program to participate on for the fall semester
- You are undecided on your college plans and want a year to decide on / apply to colleges
- You'd like an extra year of life experience before attending college
- You will be at least 18 by the program start date
A list of AIFS programs that accept high school graduates:
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Salzburg, Austria
- Bridgetown, Barbados
- San José, Costa Rica
- Galápagos Islands, Ecuador
- London: Globe Education Theater Program, England
- London, England
- Cannes, France
- Paris, France
- Berlin, Germany
- Florence, Italy
- Rome, Italy
- St. Petersburg, Russia
- Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Granada, Spain
- Madrid, Spain
- Salamanca, Spain
- Study & Travel: European Art & Architecture