Study Abroad in London: Overview
Central London is just outside your door when you are living in AIFS residence halls in South Kensington, steps from Kensington Palace, the Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. Hop on the Tube and visit Covent Gardens, Camden Market (where you can buy vintage clothes and jewelry at a bargain) or Piccadilly Circus. See some of the world's finest works of art at the National Gallery and then watch the sunset at Trafalgar Square while listening to street musicians.
Program at a glance
- 3, 6 or 9 week summer study abroad program in London
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.5 minimum GPA required (Lower GPAs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, some meals, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional travel package available.
- Earn up to 9 semester credits
- Choose from a wide range of business and liberal arts courses
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Richmond, The American International University in London, a U.S.-accredited university
- Visa not required for U.S. citizens
- Enroll for any one of the three 3-week sessions, two consecutive sessions or all three
- Summer internships for credit are available
- Students may continue in the fall semester or academic year. The summer session may also be added to the previous spring semester.
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadline: Sessions A, AB, and ABC full.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship deadline is March 1.
If you are traveling on an AIFS Partnerships faculty-led program through your home institution, see the AIFS Partnerships website.