Study Abroad in London: Overview
Central London is just outside your door when you are living in AIFS residence halls in South Kensington, steps from Kensington Palace, the Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. Hop on the Tube and visit Covent Gardens, Camden Market (where you can buy vintage clothes and jewelry at a bargain) or Piccadilly Circus. See some of the world's finest works of art at the National Gallery and then watch the sunset at Trafalgar Square while listening to street musicians.
Program at a glance
- 3-week January term study abroad in in London
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.5 minimum GPA required (Lower GPAs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, a meal plan, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional AIFS flight package available.
- Earn 3 semester credits
- Courses include a choice of History of London or British Art and Architecture
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Richmond, The American International University in London, a U.S.-accredited university
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadline: October 1
If you are studying on a customized, faculty-led program through your home institution, please see the AIFS Partnerships website for details.