Study Abroad in San José: Overview
Spend 3 weeks in this lively capital of Costa Rica where you can enjoy all the facilities of a big city while being within reach of two coasts, volcanoes and national parks of the central highlands.
Program at a glance
- 3-week January term study abroad in San José, Costa Rica
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 required (lower GPAs will be considered on a case by case basis)
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, a meal plan, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional AIFS flight package available.
- Earn 3 semester credits
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Courses include a choice of an Environmental Awareness and Sustainable
Development course or a Human Rights in Latin America course, both taught in English. An optional, non-credit Spanish conversation course is also available.
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Veritas University
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadline: October 1
- Final payment deadline: November 15