Study Abroad in Salzburg: Overview
Spend 4 weeks in the birthplace of Mozart, one of the most elegant and interesting cities in Europe. The city was granted UNESCO World Heritage status in recognition of its unique character and architecture. Located north of the Alps, Salzburg's lush meadows, lakes and mountains call you outdoors.
Program at a glance
- 4-week summer study abroad in Salzburg, Austria
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meal allowance, excursions and cultural activities, trips to Munich and Vienna, airfare if selected, and more
- Typical course load is 6 semester credits
- Courses taught in English in anthropology, German language, history, music and sociology
- No previous German language study required
- German language study is optional during the program
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Visa not required for U.S. citizens for less than a 3-month stay
- Transcripts issued by the University of Salzburg
Application and scholarship deadlines
- This program is full.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship deadline is March 1.