- Why AIFS
- Find your program
- Study Abroad Locations
- Scholarships & Grants
- On Location
- Get Started
Contact UsBy phone
Our phone lines are open 9am to 5pm EST Monday through Friday to assist you.
(203) 399-5597By mail
AIFS Study Abroad
1 High Ridge Park
Stamford, CT 06905
AIFS Capture the Culture Photo Contest
We're looking for pictures that "capture the culture" and your experience abroad. The bakery owner opening his shop in the morning on the streets of Grenoble... your friends studying over an espresso in Florence... a landmark... whatever makes you remember that special time and place that defined your trip overseas.
Whether its the perfect candid shot or a staged shot of your own design, we want to experience the essence of your time abroad and the country's culture through your eyes! Be creative, but no computerized effects or altered images please.
$500 Amazon Gift Card
$50 Amazon Gift Card + AIFS Mystery Box
|Best Overall||Well-rounded, quintessential study abroad picture|
|Squad Goals||Organized group shots of you and your study abroad pals (3-6 people preferred)|
|Tradition… Tradition!||Cultural events, festivals, holidays, local activities|
|A Day in the Life||Photos of your residence, homestay, classroom, campus life|
|City Life||The hustle and bustle, popular places, urban happenings, landmarks, architecture|
|#WeAreAIFS||Program excursions, trips, gatherings, activities, group outings, student/staff interactions|
|Creativity||Use your artistic expression here! Anything that might not fit into other categories.|
|The People's Champ||We’ll post our faves on Facebook and Instagram and the most popular wins!|
Deadline: May 15, 2016
The earlier you submit photos, the greater chance of being included in the 2017-2018 catalogs. Winners are announced in late Summer when the catalogs go to press.
All photos must be accompanied by:
- Your full name
- Mailing address, phone number and e-mail address
- Program date and location (ex: London Fall 2015)
- Home school and state
- A brief description of your photo — please be as specific as possible (Big Ben in London, The Colosseum in Rome, etc.)
- Instagram handle (aka your username aka @______, for those of you who are into Insta!
Photos meeting all criteria may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write "AIFS Photo Contest" in the subject line.
Please read these Terms & Conditions before submitting your entry.
Photos that have already been submitted that meet the criteria will be automatically entered into the contest.
- Photos may be used at any time in other AIFS Study Abroad marketing materials, including but not limited to: catalogs, brochures, flyers, posters, website, and social media. Payment will only be awarded for category-winning photos.
- You may enter as many photos as you like, but only one prize will be awarded per student regardless of how many photos are used.
- You may suggest a caption, but AIFS does not guarantee it will be used.
- Pictures must be in good taste.
- Photos will not be returned and will become the property of AIFS.
- Hint: Photos taken in places where AIFS Study Abroad conducts programs may have a greater chance of winning. Click here to see full list of AIFS programs.