6th Annual Capture the Culture Photo ContestWe're looking for pictures that "capture the culture" and your experience abroad. The bakery owner opening his shop in the morning on the streets of Grenoble... your friends studying over an espresso in Florence... a landmark... whatever makes you remember that special time and place that defined your trip overseas.
Whether its the perfect candid shot or a staged shot of your own design, we want to experience the essence of your time abroad and the country's culture through your eyes! Be creative, but no computerized effects or altered images please.
|on Catalog Pages||
- The larger the image, the better.
- Small photos from a camera phone are great for the web, but will not hold up in print.
- Digital photos should be at least 3 MP, 1050x1500 pixels, or able to be printed at least 3.5x5"
- Printed photos should be on photo quality paper.
How to Enter
Deadline: May 1, 2014
Submit photos by March for a greater chance of being included in the 2015-2016 catalogs. Winners are announced each September when the catalogs go to press; however, photos are accepted all year round on a rolling basis.
All photos must be accompanied by:
- Your name
- Mailing address, phone number and e-mail address
- Program date and location (London Fall 2013, etc.)
- Home school and state
- A brief description of your photo — please be as specific as possible (Big Ben in London, The Colosseum in Rome, etc.)
Photos meeting all criteria may be submitted to:
1 High Ridge Park
Stamford, CT 06905
Photos previously submitted that meet the criteria will be automatically entered into the contest.
- Photos may be used at any time in other AIFS College Division marketing materials, including but not limited to: catalogs, brochures, flyers, posters and web site. Payment will only be awarded for photos used in the 2015-16 catalogs.
- You may enter as many photos as you like, but only one prize will be awarded per student regardless of how many photos are used.
- You may suggest a caption, but AIFS does not guarantee it will be used.
- Pictures must be in good taste.
- Photos will not be returned and will become the property of AIFS.
- Hint: Photographs taken in places where AIFS Study Abroad conducts programs may have a greater chance of winning.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.