AIFS Alumni Ambassador Program
The overall purpose of the AIFS Alumni Ambassador program is to provide enthusiastic alumni with the opportunity to share their study abroad experience with others and become more involved with AIFS. The efforts of the AIFS Alumni Ambassadors will encourage new students to take part in the life-changing opportunity that AIFS provides.
In addition to helping spread the word about AIFS, there are many personal benefits to becoming an AIFS Alumni Ambassador.
- Opportunity to relive your experience abroad by sharing with other students
- Work experience for your resumé and professional development
- References and letters of recommendation provided for active ambassadors
- Support from and interaction with the AIFS staff
- Opportunities to write about your study abroad experience (great for your resumé!)
- Be a part of globalizing your campus
- Be an AIFS Alumnus/Alumna
- Be outgoing and excited about sharing your experience with students and faculty
- Cannot have an outstanding balance with AIFS
The efforts of Alumni Ambassadors are extremely helpful to AIFS. Prospective students are eager to hear real stories about studying abroad. As an AIFS Alumni Ambassador, you will be provided with a helpful toolkit filled with resources needed to complete the activities below as well as support from the AIFS Alumni Coordinator.
- Become familiar with all AIFS programs, not just the one you studied on
- Give group presentations about studying abroad with AIFS programs (to classes, clubs, or organizations on campus)
- Answer questions about AIFS programs and studying abroad
- Be an alumni email contact for prospective AIFS students
- Write an article for the AIFS newsletter
- Assist with the AIFS table at study abroad fairs on campus
- Hang AIFS posters on campus
- Host an AIFS information table in a common area on campus
- Be creative and develop your own strategies that you think will be effective on your campus to get the word out about AIFS study abroad!
* Some activities may require the approval of the study abroad office on your campus.
To become an AIFS Alumni Ambassador, please contact Jennifer Rodriguez at email@example.com or (800) 727-2437, ext. 5059.