AIFS Program at a Glance - Fall 2019 & Spring 2020
- Academic Year, Fall or Spring Semester
- Business, Design and Innovation Program hosted at the Poble Nou campus in Barcelona
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Courses taught in English and Spanish
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Minimum 2.7 GPA
- Program fee includes tuition, housing (in an apartment or homestay as standard), excursions and cultural activities, day trips, and more. Optional AIFS Flight package available.
- Student residence option including meal allowance is available for a supplemental fee
- Courses offered in business, design, economics, innovation and Spanish language
- Due to visa regulations we recommend you apply early
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Comprehensive Insurance and assistance package
- Transcripts issued by the Universitat de Vic — Central University of Catalonia
Volunteer opportunities available
Application and Scholarship Deadlines
Due to visa regulations we recommend you apply early.
- Fall Semester is full. Click here for available programs.
- Spring Semester is full. Click here for available programs.
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available!
The scholarship deadline is April 15 for the Academic Year/Fall Semester and October 1 for the Spring Semester.
Students must apply for a student visa with the Spanish Consulate. Upon acceptance AIFS will provide instructions and the necessary official documents about the academic year or semester in Spain; however, students must contact the Spanish Consulate directly for the appropriate visa forms.
Meet Your Admissions Officer
1 High Ridge Park
Stamford, CT 06905
Phone: (800) 727-2437 ext. 5074
I truly believe that studying abroad is one of the best ways to gain a cultural and global education and self-awareness.
I am a graduate of Ithaca College, and Drexel University. After studying abroad in London my junior year, I discovered my passion for international education. After graduating, I packed up my car and moved out to California, where I managed international education tours for a small tour operator prior to joining AIFS in 2006. My years in educational travel have led me to many areas of the world. Whether you are just starting to consider study abroad or need assistance finalizing what to pack, I am here to help.
Your Admissions Officer is available to guide you through the admissions process and answer any questions you have about studying abroad on this program.