AIFS Program at a Glance - Summer 2020
- 4-week summer program in Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors (high school graduates and freshmen considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required (lower GPAs will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meal allowance, excursions and cultural activities, day trips, and more. Optional AIFS Flight package available.
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Comprehensive Insurance and assistance package
- Transcripts issued by Queen's University, Belfast
Important Travel and Visa Information
To study at Queen’s University, Belfast students must have an entry stamp in their passport to show that they have legally entered the U.K. Students choosing not to take the AIFS Flight Package must fly into Belfast, London or another city in the U.K. before traveling to Dublin to start the program. Passports are often not stamped when traveling between Dublin and Belfast, so students need to ensure they have the U.K. entry stamp before making that journey.
Meet Your Admissions Officer
1 High Ridge Park
Stamford, CT 06905
Phone: (800) 727-2437 ext. 5062
I graduated from Eastern Connecticut State University with a BS in Communications and a minor in Philosophy in 2014. During my junior year I was fortunate enough to spend a semester abroad in Florence, Italy. The entire experience truly changed my perspective on life. After graduating, I decided to travel as much as I could and pursue a career in international education. For the last three years I have worked as a Placement Specialist for AIFS' high school exchange program, Academic Year in America. I am excited to continue my work by helping students get the most out of their study abroad program and bring them the same amazing experience that I had.
Your Admissions Officer is available to guide you through the admissions process and answer any questions you have about studying abroad on this program.