Applicants to AIFS College Division programs must:
- Maintain the minimum GPA specified in the section describing the program of choice (usually 2.5). Students with slightly lower grade point averages who are in good academic and social standing may be considered. Additional references may be required.
- Have at least two years of successful work in the language if enrolling in an upper division foreign language program. For Spanish programs, students who have completed less than three semesters of college level Spanish but have taken Spanish in high school must send a copy of their high school transcript for review. Beginner language students are accepted in Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Cannes, Florence, Granada, Grenoble (selected programs only), Hyderabad, Istanbul, Paris, Prague, Rome, San Josť, S„o Paulo St. Petersburg, Stellenbosch, Salamanca, Salzburg and ViŮa del Mar.
- Be in good social standing at their home institution.
- Be at least 18 years old by July 1, 2017 (20 for Stellenbosch Learning for Sustainable Community Engagement Program and Hyderabad Community Engagement Program) if applying for the fall semester. Be at least 18 years old by December 1, 2017 (20 for Stellenbosch Learning for Sustainable Community Engagement Program and Hyderabad Community Engagement Program) if applying for the spring semester.
Students must submit the following documents:
- Completed application with a non-refundable application fee of $95.
- Official transcripts from current college. Freshmen must provide secondary school transcripts.
- An essay describing reasons for wishing to study abroad (Cannes, Hyderabad, Istanbul only).
- One academic reference, preferably from a member of the studentís major department (Cannes, Istanbul and Internship programs only). Applicants to the internship programs must submit two letters of academic reference and a reference from a previous employer along with the internship questionnaire.
- Preliminary Course Selection Form
Candidates are usually notified of an admission decision within two weeks after AIFS receipt of a complete set of application documents. If you need assistance, contact an AIFS Admissions Officer. They can help you with advice on placement, course selection or academic approval.
Students are urged to contact their home institutionís study abroad office to ensure that they comply with requirements for study abroad. In order to maintain your enrollment status, facilitate academic credit transfer and to use any applicable financial aid it is important that you follow your schoolís requirements for study abroad.