AIFS Program at a Glance - Summer 2019
- 4-, 5- or 8-week summer program in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program options:
- Spanish Language and Latin American Culture (4 or 8 weeks)
- Spanish for Health Care Professionals and Health Care Electives (5 weeks)
- Spanish Language, Liberal Arts and Environmental Studies (5 weeks)
- Open to high school graduates, college sophomores, juniors and seniors
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Minimum 2.5 GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meals, excursions and cultural activities, day trips, and more. Optional AIFS Flight package available.
- 4-week program students earn 5 semester credits; 8-week students earn 10 semester credits, 5-week students earn up to 9 semester credits
- Courses offered in architecture, art, business, communications, economics, environmental sciences, health, history, linguistics, literature, photography, physical therapy, politics, psychology, social science, Spanish language, Spanish language for business, health and law enforcement professionals.
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Comprehensive Insurance and assistance package
- Transcripts will be issued by Veritas University. One official copy will be sent to the studentís home institution on completion of the program.
U.S. citizens receive a 90-day tourist visa on arrival.
Non-U.S. citizens are responsible for making all necessary arrangements for obtaining a visa as required.
Application and Scholarship Deadlines
Sessions 1, 2, and 3 are full.
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available! The scholarship deadline is March 1.
Meet Your Admissions Officer
1 High Ridge Park
Stamford, CT 06905
Phone: (800) 727-2437 ext. 5076
A Connecticut native, I have returned to the area after spending several years living, working and studying abroad. I hold a BA in International Studies with a French minor from Fairfield University and a Cambridge CELTA from AKCENT International House Prague. After a time teaching English in France, I went on to complete a Master of Arts in International Social Development at the University of East Anglia. I am passionate about international education and the importance of the internationalization of higher education for an increasingly global society. In my free time I enjoy cooking, music and of course traveling as much as possible!
Your Admissions Officer is available to guide you through the admissions process and answer any questions you have about studying abroad on this program.