Study Abroad in Istanbul: Overview
Spend 7 weeks in this bustling city uniquely situated at the crossroads of Europe on the west and Asia on the east. Known for centuries as Constantinople, capital of the Byzantine Empire, modern Istanbul combines the heritage of its Byzantine past with the later Ottoman Empire which brought Turkey into the modern age.
Program at a glance
- 8-week summer study abroad in Istanbul, Turkey
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meal allowance, excursions and cultural activities, trips to Athens and Princes' Islands, and more. Optional AIFS Flight Package available.
- Earn up to 8 credits
- Courses taught in English in arts and science, business and economics, engineering and education, political science, and sociology, plus Turkish or Armenian language
- No previous Turkish language study required
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Visa required
- Transcripts issued by Boğaziçi University