Study Abroad in Salamanca: Overview
Spend 4 or 6 weeks in Salamanca amongst the golden medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and soaring cathedrals. Study at the University of Salamanca, known as the "Oxford of the Spanish World", where you will join the thriving community of students who make Salamanca their home.
Program at a glance
- 4 or 6 week summer study abroad in Salamanca, Spain
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Minimum 2.0 GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meals, excursions and cultural activities, day trips, and more. Optional travel package available.
- 4-week students earn up to 4 semester credits, 6-week students earn up to 8 semester credits
- Courses offered in art, business Spanish, history, literature, sociology, Spanish language, and translation
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by the University of Salamanca
- Visa not required for U.S. citizens for less than a 3-month stay
Application and scholarship deadlines
- The application deadline is March 15.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship deadline is March 1.