Study Abroad in Salamanca: Overview
Spend 4 or 6 weeks in Salamanca among the golden medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and soaring cathedrals. Without doubt Castilla's most beautiful and vibrant city, combining elegant architecture, traditional Spanish culture and a thriving international student population. Popularly called the "golden city" due to the golden glow that its sandstone buildings give in the setting sun, the entire city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Plaza Mayor - traditionally referred to as the Salmantino's living room - is the jewel in the crown, the heart of the city and considered to be one of the most beautiful squares in Europe. Join the thriving, multicultural community of students who make Salamanca their home!
Program at a glance
- 4 or 6 week summer study abroad in Salamanca, Spain
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Minimum 2.0 GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meals, excursions and cultural activities, day trips, and more. Optional AIFS Flight package available.
- 4-week students earn up to 4 semester credits, 6-week students earn up to 8 semester credits
- Courses offered in art, business Spanish, history, literature, sociology, Spanish language, and translation
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by the University of Salamanca
- Visa not required for U.S. citizens for less than a 3-month stay