Study Abroad in Granada: Overview
Spend 4 or 6 weeks in Granada, perched between the dazzling white peaks of the Sierra Nevada and the glistening blue Mediterranean of the Costa del Sol. This unique city has a certain cosmopolitan air yet still retains the feel of a small, Andalusian town. The people of Granada are friendly and welcoming. A direct legacy of three cultures living together in harmony- Christians, Moors and Jews- has formed the openness of the Andalusian personality.
Program at a glance
- 4 or 6 week summer study abroad in Granada, Spain
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Minimum 2.0 GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meals, excursions and cultural activities, visit to Seville and Córdoba, and more. Optional travel package available.
- Earn up to 6 semester credits for the 4-week program and up to 9.5 semester credits for the 6-week program.
- Courses offered in art, business Spanish, geography, history, literature, sociology, Spanish culture and civilization, and Spanish language
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by the University of Granada
- Visa not required for U.S. citizens for less than a 3-month stay
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Summer is full.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship deadline is March 1.