Study Abroad in Granada: Overview
Spend 4 or 6 weeks in Granada, perched between the dazzling white peaks of the Sierra Nevada and the glistening blue Mediterranean of the Costa del Sol. This unique city has a certain cosmopolitan air yet still retains the feel of a small, Andalusian town. The people of Granada are friendly and welcoming. A direct legacy of three cultures living together in harmony- Christians, Moors and Jews- has formed the openness of the Andalusian personality.
Program at a glance
- 4 or 6 week summer study abroad in Granada, Spain
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Minimum 2.0 GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meals (for the homestay and residence options), excursions and cultural activities, visit to Seville and Córdoba, Costa del Sol, and more. Optional AIFS Flight Package available.
- Earn up to 6.5 semester credits for the 4-week program and up to 10 semester credits for the 6-week program.
- Courses offered in art, business, geography, history, literature, religion, sociology, Spanish culture and civilization, and Spanish language
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by the University of Granada
- Visa not required for U.S. citizens for less than a 3-month stay