Study Abroad in Granada: Overview
Spend 3 weeks in Granada, perched between the dazzling white peaks of the Sierra Nevada and the glistening blue Mediterranean of the Costa del Sol. This unique city has a certain cosmopolitan air yet still retains the feel of a small, Andalusian town. The people of Granada are friendly and welcoming. A direct legacy of three cultures living together in harmony—Christians, Moors and Jews—has formed the openness of the Andalusian personality.
Program at a glance
- 3- week January term study abroad in Granada, Spain
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 required (lower GPAs will be considered on a case by case basis)
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meals, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional AIFS flight package available.
- Earn 3 semester credits
- Course offered in Spanish civilization and culture (taught in English). You can also improve your conversational Spanish and learn flamenco and how to cook authentic Spanish cuisine in optional non-credit courses.
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by the University of Granada
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadline: Space available
- Final payment deadline: November 15