Study Abroad in St. Petersburg: Overview
Winston Churchill described Russia as "a riddle, wrapped in a
mystery, inside an enigma". Stereotypes and a great sense of
"the unknown" continue to pervade perceptions of Russia in
the West and shape the views of those who have not been
fortunate enough to visit this fascinating and vast country.
Take the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of this wonderful and intriguing nation and delve into its culture and traditions by studying with AIFS at the St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University.
Program at a glance
- Academic year, fall or spring semester (summer session also available)
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.5 minimum GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, a meal allowance, excursions and cultural activities, London visit, trips to Moscow and Peterhof, and more. Optional travel package available.
- Courses taught in English in art history, history, literature, political science, religion and sociology, plus Russian language. Courses taught in Russian available for advanced language students.
- No previous Russian language study required; however, all students are required to take a Russian language course during the program
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Required visa is obtained by AIFS
- Transcripts issued by St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Spring semester is full.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (fall semester or academic year); September 15 (spring).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.