Study Abroad in St. Petersburg: Overview
Spend 5 weeks studying in the most European city in Russia. Winston Churchill described Russia as "a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma". Stereotypes and a great sense of "the unknown" continue to pervade perceptions of Russia in the West and shape the views of those who have not been fortunate enough to visit this fascinating and vast country.
Program at a glance
- 5-week language seminar in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- No previous Russian language study required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meal allowance, London visit, excursions and cultural activities, trip to Moscow, and more. Optional AIFS Flight package available.
- Earn up to 7 semester credits
- Courses: Russian language seminar plus courses taught in English in art history, history, political science and sociology
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University
- Visa required. AIFS obtains visas for the dates of the program only. By April 1, participants must have a passport that is valid for at least 18 months after the end of the program.