Study Abroad in Wellington: Overview
Study in the southern tip of New Zealand’s North Island, between a beautiful harbor and rolling green hills. A vibrant and cosmopolitan city, Wellington is the political, cultural and creative capital of New Zealand.
Program at a glance
- Academic year, June-November or February-June semesters study abroad program at Victoria University of Wellington
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.7 minimum GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meal allowance, excursions and cultural activities, 11-day Pacific Studies program in Fiji, trip to Sydney, and more. Optional travel package available.
- Maori Studies and Pacific Studies program, as well as many interesting New Zealand and Pacific-related courses in humanities, social sciences and science
- International orientation at Victoria University of Wellington
- Academic transcripts issued by Victoria University of Wellington plus Certificate issued by the University of the South Pacific in Fiji
- The local AIFS Program Coordinator and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Student Visa is mandatory for New Zealand. Apply to the New Zealand consulate
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadlines- June-November Semester is full; October 15, 2012 (February-June semester)
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available - The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (June-November semester or academic year); September 15 (February-June semester).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.