Study Abroad in Rome: Overview
Study in a 3000 year old city that is a unique encyclopedia of living heritage and culture. Visit ancient monuments such as the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, St Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums.
Visit other parts of Italy on included excursions to Venice, Naples and Pompeii. Travel on the Optional AIFS Flight Package and begin your trip with a 3-day excursion to London, England en route to orientation.
Program at a glance
- Academic year, fall or spring semester (summer session also available)
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors (Students must have a minimum age of 18 by the application deadline)
- 2.5 minimum GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, some meals, London visit, orientation in Florence, excursions and cultural activities, trips to Venice and Naples, and more. Optional travel package available.
- Courses taught in English in art, design and media, art history, communications, economics, history, international business, international relations, literature, management, marketing, philosophy, political science, religion, sociology and social sciences
- Internships available
- No previous Italian study required
- Mandatory Italian language study at Eurocentres language school during the 2-week orientation in Florence. In addition, all students are required to take an Italian language course during the semester
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Student visa must be obtained from an Italian consulate before departure
- Transcripts issued by Richmond, The American International University in London, a U.S.-accredited university. Transfer of credits easily arranged
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Fall semester is full; Spring semester is full.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (fall semester or academic year); September 15 (spring).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.