Study Abroad in Rome: Overview
Spend 4 weeks in a 3000-year-old city that is a unique encyclopedia of living heritage and culture. Visit ancient monuments such as the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Museums.
Program at a glance
- 4 week summer study abroad in Rome, Italy
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- No previous Italian language study required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meal vouchers, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional travel package available.
- Optional trips to Venice and to Pompeii, Vesuvius, Naples, and Capri
- Earn up to 7 semester credits
- Courses include Italian language, art, art history, communications, history and literature
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Richmond, The American International University in London, a U.S.-accredited university
- Student visas are not required for U.S. citizens providing their stay in Italy does not exceed 90 days.