Study Abroad in Rome: Overview
Spend 4 weeks exploring the unparalleled wealth of history and monuments of the 'Eternal City.' With its sunny climate and its 3,000 years of history, Rome has more to offer than any other city in the world. As a contemporary European capital, it is utterly unique. Located between Italy’s North and South, once the seat of a great empire, and later the home of the papacy, Rome is still a special place, somewhat apart from the rest of Italy. Rome’s atmosphere is like no other city - a monumental, busy capital and yet an appealingly relaxed place, with a center that still preserves its traditions and old village charms.
Program at a glance
- 4 week summer study abroad in Rome, Italy
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.5 minimum GPA (2.0 and above considered on a case by case basis)
- No previous Italian language study required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meal vouchers, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional AIFS Flight package available.
- Optional trips to Venice and to Pompeii, Vesuvius, Naples, and Capri
- Earn up to 7 semester credits
- Courses include Italian language, art, art history, communications, history and literature
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Richmond, The American International University in London, a U.S.-accredited university
- Student visas are not required for U.S. citizens providing their stay in Italy does not exceed 90 days.