Study Abroad in Florence: Overview
Spend 4 weeks in Florence, where artistic, cultural and historic richness is ever present. With the Pitti Palace, Piaza della Signoria, Accademia and San Marco creating a wonderful backdrop, it is no surprise that walking along the Arno River you come across artists attempting to capture this beautiful city.
Program at a glance
- 4-week summer study abroad in Florence, Italy
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- No previous Italian language study required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, some meals, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional travel package available.
- Optional 3-day excursion to Rome for a supplement of $595
- Optional weekend excursion to Venice for a supplement of $475
- Earn up to 7 semester credits
- Courses include Italian language, art history, history, marketing, sociology, and studio art
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Richmond, The American International University in London, a U.S.-accredited university
- Student visas are not required for U.S. citizens providing their stay in Italy does not exceed 90 days.
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Summer is full.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship deadline is March 1.