Study Abroad in Florence: Overview
In Florence, artistic, cultural and historic richness is ever present. With the Pitti Palace, Piazza della Signoria, Accademia and San Marco creating a wonderful backdrop, it is no surprise that walking along the Arno River you come across artists attempting to capture this beautiful city. Taste the incredible gastronomic experience of Italy through the unique AIFS meal plan which encompasses over 25 selected local restaurants, trattorie and pizzerie in the historical center of Florence. For real food lovers, cooking, pizza and wine tasting workshops are available on a weekly basis!
Program at a glance
- 4-week summer study abroad in Florence, Italy
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.5 minimum GPA (2.0 and above considered on a case by case basis)
- No previous Italian language study required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, some meals, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional AIFS Flight Package available.
- Earn up to 7 semester credits
- Courses include Italian language, art history, history, marketing, sociology, and studio art
- Optional 3-day excursion to Rome for a supplement of $595
- Optional weekend excursion to Venice for a supplement of $475
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Richmond, The American International University in London, a U.S.-accredited university
- Student visas are not required for U.S. citizens providing their stay in Italy does not exceed 90 days.