Study Abroad in Limerick: Overview
Study in the third largest city of the “Emerald Isle”, which has long been a popular destination for Americans and more recently visitors from around the world. You will get a true taste of the merging of cultures being fully matriculated into the international student body of the University.
During your stay see more of Ireland on trips to Dublin, the West of Ireland and Blarney and Cobh. Then explore more of Europe with a trip to London, England and one of 18 other European cities using your included flight voucher.
Program at a glance
- Academic year, fall or spring semester (summer session also available)
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.9 minimum GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, a meal allowance, excursions and cultural activities, airfare if selected, trips to London and Dublin, a subsidized flight for a trip of your choice, and more
- Courses in business, cultural studies, education, engineering, geography, history, informatics and electronics, Irish studies, literature, management, marketing, music, political science, science, sociology, and traditional Irish music. Special programs in aeronautical engineering, equine science, insurance, physical education, public administration, and sports science
- 2-day orientation on campus
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by the University of Limerick
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadlines*Fall semester is full; October 15 (spring). Since the University of Limerick reviews applications, students should apply as early as possible.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (fall semester or academic year); September 15 (spring).