Study Abroad in Hyderabad: Overview
As the modern capital of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad embodies a confluence of Hindu and Muslim culture, offering a rare opportunity to experience the cultural traditions of both these faiths, while simultaneously living in a modern, cosmopolitan city. Get to know the city and local culture through a 3-day orientation and city tour.
Program at a glance
- Academic year, fall or spring semester
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 3.0 minimum GPA required (2.75 GPA and above considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Up to 16 credits per semester
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meals, Golden Triangle tour, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional AIFS Flight Package available.
- Courses offered in anthropology, art history, business, communications, Community, Engagement Program, cultural studies, dance, Hindi, history information technology, Islamic studies, literature, management, media studies, philosophy, politics, religion, social science, Sanskrit, Telugu, Urdu, and women’s studies
- Community Engagement Program option for students interested in studying community life and social change in India
- All courses offered in English
- Volunteer opportunities available
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Student visa must be obtained from the Indian Consulate before departure
- Transcripts issued by the University of Hyderabad
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadlines: April 15 (fall); October 1 (spring)
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (fall semester or academic year); September 15 (spring).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.