Study Abroad in Hyderabad: Beyond the Classroom
Learning does not begin or end in the classroom. To help you get a true taste of Indian culture, a wealth of cultural activities and excursions are included in your program fee.
There are numerous opportunities to make excursions into the city and surrounding environment.
The Resident Director organizes a variety of activities, which usually include:
- Hyderabad city tour
- Visits to local markets and bazaars
- Music, dance or theater performances showing India’s cultural traditions
- Festival celebrations based on the time of year (kite-flying, fireworks, dancing)
- Traditional meals to celebrate a special occasion, Indian or American holiday
- Cooking lessons with authentic Indian recipes
- Day visits to local sites including:
- Golconda Fort
- Chowmahalla Palace
- Qutb Shahi Tombs
- Hussain Sagar and Buddha Statue
Please note that students pay a small additional fee for some of the activities above.