Study Abroad in Hyderabad: Overview
As the modern capital of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad embodies a confluence of Hindu and Muslim culture, offering a rare opportunity to experience the cultural traditions of both these faiths, while simultaneously living in a modern, cosmopolitan city. Get to know the city and local culture through a 3-day orientation and city tour.
Program at a glance
- Academic year, fall or spring semester
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 3.0 minimum GPA required (2.75 GPA and above considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Up to 16 credits per semester
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meals, Golden Triangle tour, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional travel package available.
- Courses offered in anthropology, art history, business, dance, Hindi, history, information technology, Islamic studies, literature, management, philosophy, politics, religion, social science, Sanskrit, Telugu, Urdu, and women’s studies
- Community Engagement Program option for students interested in studying community life and social change in India
- All courses offered in English
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Student visa must be obtained from the Indian Consulate before departure
- Transcripts issued by the University of Hyderabad
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadlines* Fall semester is full; October 15 (spring)
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (fall semester or academic year); September 15 (spring).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.