Study Abroad in Athens: Overview
Spend 4 weeks soaking up the classical culture of Greece. Athens was one of the most important and powerful cities in Greece during the Classical period. It was also the first of the Greek city states to fully develop democracy. The successful Olympic Games in 2004 steered Athens towards becoming a radically different city – a more attractive, cleaner, greener and more efficient capital. As the largest city in Greece, Athens is now a sophisticated and cosmopolitan city, with vibrant street life and a relaxed lifestyle.
Program at a glance
- 4-week summer Study Abroad in Athens, Greece
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, a meal allowance, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional travel package available.
- Earn up to 6 semester credits
- Courses taught in English in art history, history, literature, and more
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Visa not required for U.S. citizens for a stay of less than 90 days
- Transcripts issued by The American College of Greece