Study Abroad in Berlin: Overview
Spend 4 weeks in a city that is a cultural and cosmopolitan kaleidoscope. Few European cities have undergone such continual redefinition and change. Berlin's restored identity as the nation's capital has been the driving force in both design and cultural diversity. The political and cultural developments of the 19th and 20th centuries are visible throughout Berlin's cityscape, reflecting both the history of architecture and various approaches to dealing with the consequences of war and destruction.
Program at a glance
- 4-week summer study abroad in Berlin, Germany
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 required
- No previous German language study required
- German language courses available but not required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, a meal allowance, excursions and cultural activities, day visit to Dresden, and more. Optional AIFS Flight Package available.
- Earn up to 6 semester credits
- Courses include German language classes at all levels plus courses taught in English in conservation, culture, ecology, geography, history, music, politics, religion, and social science
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Humboldt University