Study Abroad in Paris (Catholic University of Paris, ILCF): Overview
Take in all that Paris has to offer while perfecting your French in “La Ville Lumière” (the City of Light). Through the years, the city has drawn intellectuals, free-thinkers, artists and revolutionaries. Paris is one of the world’s major global cities with a strong influence in politics, education, entertainment, media, fashion, science, and the arts.
Program at a glance
- Academic year, fall or spring semester
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors (Students must be aged 18 or older by the application deadline)
- 2.5 minimum GPA required
- Up to 15 credits per semester
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, some meals and optional meal plans, cultural activities, airfare if selected, and more
- No previous French language study required for Program in English
- Courses taught in English in art, economics, fashion, history, philosophy, and political science, plus French language. Courses taught in French in art, history, literature and media studies, plus French language.
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Student visa required (must be obtained before departing the U.S.)
- Transcripts issued by the Institut de Langue et Culture Francaises, Catholic University of Paris
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadlines* Fall semester is full; Spring semester with orientation is full.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (fall semester or academic year); September 15 (spring).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.