Intensive French in Grenoble: Overview
Spend a semester surrounded by the crystal-clear air and snow-capped mountains of the French Alps. Built on the banks of two alpine rivers, Grenoble boasts medieval buildings and cobbled streets which give a romantic air to the older part of town, while museums, theaters, cultural festivals, cafés and bistros explain why it is the leading city of the region.
Program at a glance
- Full academic year, fall or spring semester
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.5 minimum GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, most meals, excursions
and cultural activities, airfare if selected, 3-day visit to Provence, and more
- Courses available in Intermediate, Advanced, and Superior French
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Student visa required. Must be obtained before departing the U.S.
- Transcripts issued by the Centre Universitaire d’Etudes Francaises (CUEF) of the University of Grenoble III
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadlines Fall semester is full; October 15 (spring)
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (fall semester or academic year); September 15 (spring).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.