Study Abroad in Cannes: Overview
Study abroad in this sunny international resort on the Mediterranean shoreline. A former fishing village, Cannes boasts some of the most beautiful scenery in France. It is a unique balance of a cosmopolitan city with the relaxed attitude of a seaside resort.
Program at a glance
- Academic year, fall or spring semester (summer session also available)
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.5 minimum GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meals, excursions and cultural activities, a London visit, airfare if selected, a pass to the Cannes Film Festival, and more
- No previous French language study required
- Courses taught in both French and English in art history, drama, French cinema, French language, political science and sociology
- Internships available
- On-site orientation in Cannes
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Student visa required. Must be obtained before departing the U.S.
- Transcripts issued by Chapman University, Orange, California. Students also receive a transcript from the Collège International de Cannes
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Fall semester is full; Spring semester is full.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (fall semester or academic year); September 15 (spring).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.