Study Abroad in Cannes: Beyond the Classroom
The mild climate of the French Riviera is ideal to enjoy outdoor life, and swimming in the Mediterranean Sea is a favorite activity! To help you get a true taste of French culture, a wide range of cultural activities and excursions are included in your program fee. Additional events are available at a small additional cost. Previous activities have included:
- Visit to Saint Paul de Vence, one of the oldest medieval towns on the French Riviera, celebrated for its art museums, galleries and as the home of many famous artists throughout history
- Museum visits to some of the Riviera’s many museums
- Boat trip to St. Marguerite island
- Visit to Cistercian monastery on St. Honorat Island
- Boat trip to St. Tropez
- Excursions to Monaco, Nice, Gorges du Verdon (French Grand Canyon), St. Remo (Italy)
- Half-day sightseeing to Antibes and Biot; Perched villages or Grasse
- Afternoon at the cinema, to see a movie in French
- Ice cream or Crepes afternoon – French speaking only!
- Fireworks display
- Farewell party'
Please note that students may be asked to pay a small additional fee for some of the activities above.