Summer Internships in London: Overview
Get an extra jump start on your post-grad résumé with the career-building International Internship Program in London. Central London is just outside your door when you are living in AIFS residence halls in South Kensington, steps from Kensington Palace, the Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. Hop on the Tube and visit Covent Gardens, Camden Market (where you can buy vintage clothes and jewelry at a bargain) or Piccadilly Circus. See some of the world's finest works of art at the National Gallery and then watch the sunset at Trafalgar Square while listening to street musicians.
Program at a glance
- Spend 12 weeks interning in London while earning academic credit
- Open to college juniors and seniors currently enrolled in full-time degree programs and with at least 75 semester credits (105 quarter credits) as of May 2014
- 2.75 minimum GPA required (3.0 for students seeking a placement in Finance for Psychology)
- Program fee includes tuition, internship placement, housing, meal plan, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional AIFS Flight Package available.
- Earn 6 credits for an unpaid internship, with the approval of your college or university, plus 6 credits for the Contemporary British Culture course (3) and European Business Environment course (3)
- Internships are in multinational companies and London-based commercial, cultural and public sector organizations
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Richmond, The American International University in London, a U.S.-accredited university
- Visa required at student's expense
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadline: March 1
- Students applying for this program must also complete a separate internship application can be downloaded online. This application is also due with the program application.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadline is March 1.
If you are traveling on an AIFS Partnerships faculty-led program through your home institution, see the AIFS Partnerships website.