Study Abroad in London: Overview
Central London is just outside your door when you are living in AIFS residence halls in South Kensington, steps from Kensington Palace, the Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. Hop on the Tube and visit Covent Garden, Camden Market (where you can buy vintage clothes and jewelry at a bargain) or Piccadilly Circus. See some of the world’s finest works of art at the National Gallery and then watch the sunset at Trafalgar Square while listening to street musicians.
Program at a glance
- Academic year, fall or spring semester (summer session also available)
- Open to college juniors and seniors*
- 2.5 minimum GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, some meals, excursions and cultural activities, airfare if selected, a trip to Paris, and more
- Internships with leading multinational and European companies (see London Internship program)
- On-site orientation in London
- Study liberal arts or business courses in small classes at an international university located in one of the world’s greatest cities
- Earn up to 15 credits
- Students request courses via the Internet before leaving the U.S. Check the actual course schedule at www.richmond.ac.uk when choosing courses to avoid scheduling conflicts. Some courses are offered only in the fall or spring
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Student visa may be required. Additional information will be provided upon application.
- Transcripts issued by Richmond, The American International University in London, a U.S.-accredited university
*Freshman/sophomore program also available
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadlines* Fall semester is full; October 15 (spring)
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (fall semester or academic year); September 15 (spring).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.
If you are traveling on an AIFS Partnerships faculty-led program through your home institution, see the AIFS Partnerships website.