Study Abroad in San José: Overview
Spend 5 weeks in this lively capital of Costa Rica where you can enjoy all the facilities of a big city while being within reach of two coasts, volcanoes and national parks of the central highlands.
Program at a glance
- 5-week summer study abroad in San José, Costa Rica (January Term program also available)
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, some meals, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional travel package available.
- Earn up to 9 semester credits
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Courses include Spanish language classes at all levels, plus business, environmental studies, history, physical therapy, politics and psychology courses taught in English or literature courses taught in Spanish
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Veritas University