Study Abroad in San José: Overview
Spend 5 weeks in this lively capital of Costa Rica, where you can enjoy all the facilities of a big city while being within reach of two coasts, volcanoes and national parks of the central highlands.
Program at a glance
- 5-week summer study abroad in San José, Costa Rica (January Term program also available)
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meal plan, excursions and cultural activities, and more. Optional AIFS Flight Package available.
- Earn up to 9 semester credits
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Courses include Spanish language classes at all levels, plus courses taught in English in subjects including architecture, art, business, economics, environmental studies, history, physical therapy, politics and psychology, and English or literature courses taught in Spanish
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Veritas University