Study Abroad in Beijing: Overview
Spend 3 weeks studying Mandarin Chinese and taking a survey course taught in English on Chinese Cultural Studies. Then travel by train to Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors and fly to Shanghai to see that dynamic city, which is the business hub of China.
Program at a glance
- 3-week summer study abroad in Beijing, China
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors
- No previous Chinese language study required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meal allowance, excursions and cultural activities, trips to Xian and Shanghai, and more. Optional travel package available.
- Earn 5 semester credits
- Intensive Mandarin Chinese language course at Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU)
- Chinese cultural stuidies course
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by Beijing Language and Culture University
- Visa required at student expense. Students are responsible for obtaining their own visa
Application and scholarship deadlines
- This program is closed.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship deadline is March 1.