Study Abroad in Sydney & Fiji: Overview
Please note that the the AIFS in Australia program has changed locations for the Spring 2013 semester. AIFS is pleased to now offer a program in Perth beginning in Spring 2013. This exciting new opportunity will provide students with a strong educational program in Western Australia at a great value.
Sydney’s energetic city life centers on its magnificent harbor. Sydney-siders are known for their relaxed and welcoming attitude and remarkably multicultural population. Cosmopolitan and easy to get around, Sydney is a spacious, sunny city surrounded by spectacular national parks, unspoiled bushland and 100 miles of coastline.
Program at a glance
- Academic year (July 2012-July 2013), July-December 2012 and February-June 2013 semesters study abroad program at Macquarie University in Sydney
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.5 minimum GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, a meal allowance, excursions and cultural activities, a Pacific Studies 11-day program in Fiji, airfare if selected, and more
- Optional 5-day excursion to the Great Barrier Reef
- Courses in Pacific Studies, Australian area studies, liberal arts, business and sciences. Unique Aboriginal and Australian Studies program
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- On-site orientation in Sydney
- Internships available
- Volunteer program in local community
- Transcripts issued by Macquarie University plus Certificate issued by the University of the South Pacific
- Visa mandatory for Australia. Apply to the Australian consulate
Application and scholarship deadlines
- The July-December (Fall) semester semester is full.
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (July-December semester or academic year); September 15 (February-June semester).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.