Study Abroad in Perth & Fiji: Overview
As Australia's fourth largest city and the capital of Western Australia, Perth is a metropolitan center with many cultural offerings. Perth is one of Australia’s most beautiful cities, with a sunny, dry climate. The nearby beaches are clean and uncrowded, and the city, situated on the banks of the Swan River, is in a postcard-perfect setting. In 2011, The Economist ranked Perth the eighth most livable city in the world.
Program at a glance
- Academic year, July-November or February-June semesters study abroad program at Murdoch University
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.5 minimum GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, a meal allowance, day trips and cultural activities, airfare if selected, and more
- Optional Pacific Studies Program in Fiji
- Courses in Animal Science, Anthropology, Asian Studies, Australian and Indigenous Studies, Biology, Business, Criminology, Economics, Environmental Studies, Film, History, Marine Science, Nursing, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Social Science, Sustainable Development, and more
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Volunteer program in local community
- Transcripts issued by Murdoch University plus Certificate issued by the University of the South Pacific
- Visa mandatory for Australia. Apply to the Australian consulate
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadlines Fall semester is full; October 15 (spring)
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadlines are April 15 (fall semester or academic year); September 15 (spring).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.