Study Abroad in Perth & Fiji: Overview
As Australia's fourth largest city and the capital of Western Australia, Perth is a metropolitan center with many cultural offerings. Perth is one of Australia’s most beautiful cities, with a sunny, dry climate. The nearby beaches are clean and uncrowded, and the city, situated on the banks of the Swan River, is in a postcard-perfect setting. In 2011, The Economist ranked Perth the eighth most livable city in the world.
Program at a glance
- February-June 2013 semester study abroad program at Murdoch University in Perth
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.5 minimum GPA required
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, a meal allowance, excursions and cultural activities, airfare if selected, and more
- Optional 9-day Pacific Studies Program in Fiji
- Courses in Aboriginal Studies, Anthropology, Art, Australian Studies, Business, Economics, Environmental Studies, Literature, Marketing, Politics, Psychology, Sociology, Sustainable Development, and more
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Volunteer program in local community
- Transcripts issued by Murdoch University plus Certificate issued by the University of the South Pacific
- Visa mandatory for Australia. Apply to the Australian consulate
Application and scholarship deadlines
- Application deadlines* October 15 (February-June semester)
- AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships available. The scholarship application deadline is September 15 (February-June semester).
*Please note that applications, deposits and balance of fees arriving after the required deadline are subject to late fees.