Study Abroad in Buenos Aires: Overview
Charismatic Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, combines European style and sophistication with South American energy, flair and passion. Not only is Buenos Aires the political capital, it is also the commercial and industrial center of the country. National organizations relating to labor, agriculture, commerce and industry are headquartered here. The city’s large population juxtaposes the heritage of Italian and Spanish cultural traditions in an Argentine setting. The Intensive Spanish course is now optional.
Program at a glance
- Academic year, fall or spring semester
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors
- 2.5 minimum GPA required
- Up to 16 credits per semester
- Program fee includes tuition, housing, meal plan, cultural activities, excursions, Day trip to Colonia del Sacramento, insurance, and more. Round trip travel option available.
- Courses offered in English in art, cultural studies, economics, film, history, international relations, literature,political science, sociology, Spanish language
- Optional 4-week Intensive Spanish language course offered prior to the start of the semester (5 credits)
- No previous Spanish language study required
- The local AIFS Resident Director and staff organize cultural activities and housing, act as a liaison between students and the university, and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies
- Transcripts issued by University of Belgrano