Faculty and Advisors
Standards & Assessment
Program Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad.
AIFS has established an assessment process that aligns with the Forum on Education Abroad’s Standards of Good Practice. Beginning with the AIFS Mission and Vision Statements, our assessment process is ongoing and transparent. Its aim is continuous review and quality improvement; student learning outcomes are at the center.
Assessment of Students’ Academic work:
AIFS conducts data collection to measure and monitor academic quality and achievement:
- Review of Student Academic Performance
- Language Proficiency Exams
- Course Evaluations
Programmatic Review & Evaluation
Evaluation has an important role in the ongoing assessment process. Students are requested to provide feedback on all aspects of our programs. The summary information is shared both with AIFS staff and with the Board of Academic Advisors. Specific recommendations are made.
AIFS is committed to developing programmatic features that promote intercultural development. During the 2012–2013 academic year, a project involving both Motivation to Study Abroad (MSA) survey and the Global Perspectives Inventory (GPI) was implemented to measure student outcomes related to intercultural competence, global awareness, and impact on career and professional development. The published report will be available for order in March 2013.
We bring the world together®
To provide the highest quality educational and cultural exchange programs to enrich the lives of young people throughout the world.
Values we are committed to:
- Excellence in programs, operations, people
- Respect and understanding of different cultures
- Exceptional caring support for our program participants to ensure their safety and well being
- Honest, equitable and non-discriminatory treatment of program participants, partners and employees
- Technological innovation
- Teamwork and collaboration both within the organization and with partners
- Encouragement of employee initiative and professional development
- Responsible financial stewardship